Are you a Foodie?
Great, then you might be the one we are looking for. We are all passionate food lovers that develop and provide delicious, desirable, safe, healthy and sustainable food for the many people around the world. No doubt food matters to people and the planet and to the IKEA business. Our Food business is a strong contributor to the IKEA brand and business growth and we have the ambition to drive positive change in the food industry.
We are on an existing journey where we, over the next years, will continue to strengthen the core of what we do developing food that is good for people and the planet. Everyday we dare to challenge ourselves and living our values and we embrace the future and face the opportunities to enable success.
One part of this journey is to move to Älmhult, to IKEA of Sweden, where the total customer offer is being developed. With the move, we want to work closer to our IKEA colleagues across the value chain and how we meet our customers every day. For example, did you know that more than 520 million guests enjoyed our food last year?
Älmhult – the heart of IKEA
This is where our culture and values were shaped and still develop. It is a melting pot of many different nationalities and cultures. Beside the IKEA Museum, IKEA Hotell, the IKEA store and many other places to learn and meet, there is Aktivitetshuset, which is a meeting place and spare time facility with lots of possibilities for IKEA co-workers and their families. If you choose to commute to Älmhult, this is not a problem because the office is a stone's throw from the train station, and the shuttle buses to Helsingborg leave right outside IKEA of Sweden
As a Product Design Engineer you belong to the Engineering function in either Range Area Consumer Packaged Goods or Range Area Food Services, and you report to the Product Engineering Manager. You will have the opportunity to contribute to growth by increasing quality of the range and the total quality perception of IKEA Food. You will also secure the quality of the products related to issues within a given range.
As Product Design Engineer Food your main responsibilities are:
- Participate in developing product development projects and product formulations
- Reviewing product ingredients to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and customer preferences
- Developing product specifications for new and existing products, taking into account factors such as nutritional content, shelf life, and sensory attributes
- Conducting risk assessments of products and ingredients to identify potential hazards and mitigate risks
- Staying up to date with trends in the food industry, such as new ingredients, packaging innovations, and sustainability initiatives.
- Managing projects from concept to launch, ensuring that products are delivered on time, within budget, and meet established quality standards.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant food safety regulations and industry standards
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to develop processes and working methods, while fostering cross-organizational partnerships at IKEA.
Have knowledge about food quality, food safety, and food legislation. We see that you have a university degree in Food Engineering, Food Science or Food Technology, experience with food product formulations and packaging is a huge plus. You are also fluent both in spoken and written English.
As a person you are able to work in a changing and fast moving environment, you have a problem solving approach with an accuracy for details and are used to coordinate and involve relevant functions.
You are a team player with a result orientated mind, at the same time you are highly driven and have a passion for quality and food.More Information
Does this sound like your next challenge? We are curious to get to know you so warm welcome with your application – CV and letter of motivation-in English-no later than 2023-03-29. Please note that we will review applications as they come through so do not delay, send in your application today!
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact the hiring managers:
Tomislav Perica, Product Engineering Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org (For Range Area Consumer Packaged Goods)
Joreoen van Veen, Product Engineering Manager at email@example.com (For Range Area Food Services)
Katharina Hesselman Björnek, Product Engineering Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org (For Range Area Food Services)
If you are having any questions about the process, please reach out to Maria Fröberg Larsson, +46 766 190 996.