The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
- Being helpful and friendly in approach to customers, always aiming for a win-win situation and for repeat business.
- Ensuring work space is effectively equipped at all times throughout the day and ready as well as available to help customers when needed.
- Have the knowledge, confidence and desire to resolve customer complaints by dealing positively and quickly with any issues they raise.
- Have the knowledge, confidence and desire to make the buying process as easy as possible for our customers.
- Always ensure we listen to our customers and use knowledge of both the IKEA product range and how retailing works in order to offer informed solutions and resolve customer issues
- Empowered to solve customer complaints within level of authorisation as well as recognise when to escalate an issue and then pass on the relevant information to a manager for him/her to be able to deal effectively with the customer.
- Record information accurately in the relevant systems so that we can use the resulting analysis to make improvements to our customers’ future shopping experiences.
- Ensure the IKEA store is a safe and secure environment at all times for visitors and colleagues.
- Good at quickly building rapport with people from different (cultural) backgrounds.
- Emotional resilience and ability to handle conflict (assertive and able to remain calm when confronted with angry and/or upset customers).
- Ability to use and take personal initiatives and to make considered decisions.
- Ability to work alone but also as a team player.
- Common sense with attention to detail.
- A flexible approach/open to change.
- Computer literate.
- Experience of working in a high volume and fast paced retail environment.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own work to make efficient use of time available.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Interested in Home Furnishing.
You are invited to this Life at Home Journey with IKEA, click here to begin Life at Home Journey With IKEA Your job application will be prioritized when your complete Life at Home journey with IKEA.
Read more about
IKEA Vision and Story
Part-Timer Recruitment and Selection with IKEA
Working with us has its rewards
Wherever you work within IKEA Southeast Asia, you enjoy a wide range of benefits. Here are just some of them:
Co-workers are our most values customers and are entitled to a 15% discount on any home furnishings and food sold in our stores, from the first day of work.
We offer flexi benefits to cater our co-workers who are in different life stages with differing benefits needs. Within an annual Flexible Spending Account, co-workers can claim against dental, optical, fitness memberships or classes, vaccination or immunisation, non-insured outpatient medical expenses, health screenings, health supplements, IKEA purchases, health aid & equipment and mental health.
Maternity and paternity leave
We give mother four consecutive months of maternity leave and father receives four weeks of paid time off after a baby has arrived to help share the joys – and responsible – at home.
We enjoy special occasions together and give tokens to mark birthdays, marriage, the arrival of a baby. We reward loyalty through our Long Service Awards/
As home furnish experts, we take pride in providing inspiring workplaces that showcase IKEA products and crate a relaxed, open atmosphere where we work side by side.
All co-workers may earn an annual financial reward when we meet our shared business objectives.
Please apply by 31 July 2022