The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
- You ensure our customers are always in focus and strive to make them smile. You are a good listener and able to support the customer with an attitude based on the IKEA values.
- You comply with and follow internal rules, policies and daily operational routines regarding issues like quality, food safety and stock figures as set by my manager.
- You understand our daily and weekly service targets and help to improve our service delivery.
- You follow cash handling procedures to ensure the security of money handling.
- You work to optimize sales, e.g. up-selling and add-on sales.
- You help and support colleagues when needed and share your knowledge with them and encourage them to do the same.
- You are passionate about the food we serve/sell and actively learn about it and share your knowledge with customers and colleagues.
- Promoting a safety first culture, as well as coach others in ensuring routines and requirements are known and followed in all daily work.
- You have an experience in handling cash register in food services industry.
- You demonstrate excellent customer service, a sales driven and feel motivated in working in a vibrant retail environment.
- You are passionate about food and people.
- You are flexible and open, curious and eager to learn. You enjoy working together with other people.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and organise individual work duties in order to make the most efficient use of time available.
- You take pride in how you serve our range to customers and want to give them a tasty reason to return again and again!
- 25 hours weekly, willing to work on weekends, shift hours and Public holidays.