Who you are
You are passionate about transforming IKEA into a resilient and people and planet-positive business that operates in a fair and equal way within the boundaries of our planet.
We are looking for a purpose-led Biodiversity & Nature Leader for our Climate and Nature Team, reporting to the Climate Manager. You will be a key player in delivering to our purpose to balance economic growth and positive social impact with environmental protection and regeneration.
To be successful in this role, you have:
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a senior leader within a larger international company or a business- facing NGO
• Minimum 7 years of experience working on the global biodiversity and nature agenda, with a clear understanding of how businesses can have a positive impact.
• Proven experience in building external networks and collaborations and access to a strong external network in the area of biodiversity and nature
• Strong collaboration skills – you seek collaboration cross-functionally to reach the highest possible impact and build strong and trustful relationships on different levels inside and outside IKEA
• A proven track record of interdependent leadership skills – you can communicate a broad understanding of strategic goals and objectives and take action across the business in order to achieve results through others
• Strong and up to date knowledge of international standards and conventions, related to biodiversity and nature (i.e SBTN, Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework)
At IKEA, you are welcome no matter where you come from, what you believe, and what you look like. We do not care how you furnished your home. We are interested in you simply because you are you. Our different views, backgrounds, and personalities make us better understand our customers, give us more work and spark more and better ideas. Perhaps your unique take on something could lead to a great idea that creates a better everyday life for the many people.
You will be responsible for providing leadership in development, coordination, and integration of relevant sustainability activities, methods, and projects across Ingka to deliver the strategic People & Planet Positive ambition. You will contribute to set the direction in the People & Planet Positive strategy for assigned area of expertise and provide up to date subject matter expertise.
More specifically, you will:
• Contribute with expertise and leadership to the work of setting the strategic direction to transform Ingka into a resilient and people and planet positive business that operates in a fair and equal way within the boundaries of our planet
• Work with full Climate & Nature and Sustainability teams – as well as the wider business - to design, lead, and organize the programme of work for biodiversity and nature, within Ingka, across IKEA and with external partners
• Provide expert advice to proactively support the business and senior management with direction, tools, measurements, and knowledge
• Serve as an external advocate/ spokesperson for Ingka in biodiversity and nature to position our brand, cultivate strategic partnerships and influence societal change
• Bring an outside-in perspective to Ingka by actively sharing latest trends, insights, and research in biodiversity and nature
• Partner with the Publish Affairs team when lobbying for legislative change in the area of biodiversity and nature
• Be an active member in relevant decision forums across Ingka Group and align with stakeholders throughout IKEA to secure a common approach and ambition level
This role is a permanent position and will be located in Sweden (Malmö).
Together as a team
At the heart of our business are people. We look after each other and we work through questions and challenges together. As part of Group Sustainability, our purpose is to enable Ingka Group to transform into a resilient and people and planet-positive business by 2030 by providing strategic direction and facilitating the integration of sustainability leadership across our three business areas.
Questions and support? Let's connect!
We will make sure to allocate a lot of time for questions about the role during the interview part of the process. If you have any questions about the process, please contact the Recruiter Julia Schnittger via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that due to GDPR reasons, we do not accept applications by email, and we want you to send us your application (CV and cover letter) in English no later than 9th of June 2023.
As you might know, in Sweden it’s common to take a few weeks of holiday during July, most people take over multiple weeks in a row; at IKEA we are no different. We believe in a healthy work-life balance and encourage our co-workers to take time to relax, recharge, and unwind. Because of this great benefit this recruitment process might take a bit longer than usual.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!