Located in Shanghai, Development Centre East Asia is affiliated to the IKEA of Sweden. Our assignment is to deliver IKEA product range with simplicity, speed, and low cost. Through Democratic Design we ensure a relevant product range on IKEA markets with a strong IKEA identity and uniqueness.
We are now looking for Range & Product Engineering Manager, come to join us!
As Range & Product Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the strategic and tactical product engineering development, which fulfils the commitment for creating a better everyday life for the many people.
• Lead engineering competence.
• Lead knowledge based development.
• Development of Product Engineering guidelines, principles, and tools to ensure democratic design. Contribute to engineering related topics like materials and packaging.
• Lead development and deployment of tools, ways of working and competence for engineering community connected to product development.
• Lead the work to define and prioritize the business needs for existing and future IT systems & tools.
• Lead translation of IKEA Development process steps into hands-on engineering activities that guide,
simplify and empower co-workers that makes IKEA engineering better and faster.
• Lead the definition of development partners’ required capabilities and interfaces to engineering.
• Enable efficient and seamless flow of engineering activities through an internal network among different business units.
We are looking for the people with:
• Deep knowledge of engineering, quality, material, range and product requirements.
• Deep knowledge and understanding of the development process, and the prerequisites of the Supply and Retail organizations.
• Strong knowledge and experience in driving strategic, tactical, and operational initiatives through organizations.
• Strong ability to “think outside the box” together with an analytic and structured approach.
• Continually challenging our existing capabilities to improve and develop new and even better solutions for the future.
• Strong ability and desire to solve problems in people’s everyday life with engineering through innovation, design, and continuous improvement.
• Ability to develop business & people through empowering individuals and teams.
• Ability to lead through communication and in creating trustful relationships in collaborative processes.
• Excellent in stakeholder management, ability to facilitate processes in cross functional teams.
Sounds interesting? Please send us your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit for this role.
Curious to know more? Let´s connect! For more questions about the role, please contact People & Culture Support Emma Yao (firstname.lastname@example.org).