Stellenangeboten > Sustainability Developer, CA Electronics & Home Accessories
At IKEA we see things a little differently. We believe that your values are more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow.
IKEA Supply has the responsibility to produce and supply IKEA stores with beautiful, functional, and sustainable home furnishing solutions, affordable for the many people. We are constantly on the way, building a better IKEA where we lead the business and create growth in a simplified way, based on our culture, values and with customers, people, and the environment in focus.
Category Area Electronics & Home Accessories is responsible for sourcing a variety of products that span from kitchen appliances, lighting solutions and connected products, to tableware and beautiful home decoration accessories such as candles and green plants for all IKEA stores globally. We are nearly 280 co-workers in 17 different locations. We are passionate about life at home, ambient & atmosphere, and technology applied to the home environment.
Hej! I am Aurora, Sustainability Manager at Category Area Electronics and Home Accessories. I am working together with a team of highly competent and motivated Sustainability Developers across the globe to make sure our business generates a positive impact on people and the planet. I am now looking for a new sustainability developer to join our team, and location can be either Dortmund or Warsaw.
Ready to co-create?
As Sustainability Developer you will, together with the Category Manager and the Category Area Sustainability Manager, lead, develop and deploy the sustainability strategy for your assigned categories. This means that you will secure that sustainability is an integrated part of the total business development process.
Are you wondering how would you make it happen? Read below some of your everyday assignments:
- Understanding, framing, and quantifying the sustainability related challenges and opportunities.
- Identifying, designing, and implementing ways of working, to respond to those challenges.
- Leading and boosting the sustainability-related competence development agenda within the assigned categories and supplier partners.
- Engaging supplier partners to take full ownership of their sustainability impacts as well as the execution of their sustainability plans.
- Leading sustainability related projects in alignment with the Category and Category Area plans and priorities.
- Collecting, verifying, validating, aggregating, and storing data and facts required to quantify impacts.
- Producing data reporting and analytics to enable decision makers taking well informed and fact-based decisions in their businesses.
Required knowledge & skills
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills and ability of building trust, enabling change, engaging, and inspiring stakeholders within the scope of responsibility.
- Strong knowledge in the climate field with focus on international policies, schemes, initiatives, and programs towards a low carbon economy.
- Previous work experience or sound knowledge related to energy management and energy efficiency within the manufacturing sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of the global renewable energy market.
- Previous work experience with sustainability development projects, preferably within purchasing operations.
- Familiarity with raw materials climate footprints and LCA methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Project management skills with a good track record of directly or indirectly leading projects.
- Familiarity with industry Code of Conducts.
- Excellent English.
- Preferred - Environmental/Sustainability related education background.
As a Sustainability Developer you have a strong, genuine passion for sustainability and willingness to make a significant positive impact. You are result-driven, action oriented and business-minded, with a genuine interest to explore new solutions that can deliver more sustainable practices to the industry. You have the ability to make things happen in a simple and straightforward way involving others and creating consensus. You are independent and self-driven when needed, but a strong teammate eager to work with and through others. You enjoy being the spider in the web between different stakeholders within the organization, leading business, and people together with a clear ability to communicate and influence.
The Sustainability Developer function reports to the Category Area Sustainability Manager, and the location can be Dortmund, Germany or Warsaw, Poland.
The role may involve extensive traveling domestic and international.
Make your and others' dreams come true! Submit your application in English as soon as possible but not later than January 31st, 2022.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!