Stellenangeboten > IKEA Food & Beverage Team Leader | IKEA | Al Wahda Mall | Abu Dhabi
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You are a passionate and dynamic person ready for bigger scope of responsibility. You want to lead, inspire and build a strong team. You want to attracting visitors to the stores, encouraging IKEA store visitors to stay longer and enjoy more, making it fun for everyone, offering great food with quality at the lowest prices, giving visitors a tasty reason to return again and again, and providing co-workers with a chance to rest and re-charge.
What's more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- High School/Trade School Graduate
- 2-3years food service supervisory experience preferably in a high volume business.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and commercial environment.
- Strong Strategic Planning and Analytical Skills, Effective Communication, Excel competence.
- Experience in managing and developing a team, preferably in retail environment.
- Business-minded and result-driven with a customer focus
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience working with an KPI-driven action plan
- Experience working in vibrant retail environment with proven track record
- Experience in supervising and working in a team
- Knowledge of the IKEA Concept, including our vision and business idea, IKEA culture and values, and how we create our business advantages
- Contribute to a day out for the whole family
- Build trust for the IKEA store among customers, co-workers and suppliers
- Be efficient and generate a reasonable profit
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer Literate
About the role:
You implement the IKEA FOOD concept to increase the sales of IKEA home furnishing products and support the IKEA position as the leading home furnishings company. This involves generating store traffic, converting visitors to customers; strengthen the low-price profile and the Swedish identity of the IKEA store.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Work together with the Kitchen Production Senior in operating your IKEA FOOD areas, in accordance with the IKEA Quality, Food Safety and Environmental requirements and other relevant legislation (list relevant legislations applicable by country).
- Actively contribute and support all marketing and in-store activities by integrating IKEA FOOD in the store's Commercial Calendar and use these as an opportunity to proactively drive sales.
- Ensure effective and economical handling of range changes including management of outgoing range and activities in your function according to the set timelines in the Commercial Calendar.
- Implement and enhance vitality and Swedishness in the Swedish Food Market through shop windows, sampling, activities, etc.
- Ensure the implementation of the merchandising platform for the Swedish Food Market.
- Maximize sales and profit by having appropriate routines for all communication following the guidelines for in-store communication.
- Ensure that the daily work routines are in place, that the shop is well-filled and the range presented in an optimal commercial way.
- Ensure an efficient maintenance of the Commercial Areas, ensuring they are clean, organized, attractive, and inviting to provide a last positive customer experience.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the competition on the local food market. Use this information to initiate immediate action, to secure an appropriate price distance. Give input on changes done to your IKEA FOOD Manager.
- Develop, agree with the IKEA FOOD Manager and communicate to your team an annual action plan for the IKEA Swedish Food Market and Bistro to execute the IKEA FOOD country and Function business plan. Monitor and evaluate the success of this plan in order to influence future plans.
- Ensure an efficient organization of the Commercial areas and Production areas in relation to financial performance i.e. gross profits, costs, hours planning, productivity levels, absence management and holiday planning to agreed service levels.
- Ensure the correct planning and programming of resources in line with the costs and productivity objectives.
- Ensure implementation of the ADMIN manual and routines for cash handling.
- Ensure the forecasting of the goods supply and ordering procedures, efficient in-store logistics and stock control for your area.
- Ensure that you have the customer in focus and meet our customers with a positive, friendly and service-minded attitude. Lead by example.
- Ensure speed and efficiency in the meeting with the customer through an effective use of IKEA solutions, such as self service, effective staffing and mechanical sales techniques.
People Management and Development
- Ensure that all co-workers in the IKEA Swedish Food Market and Bistro understand the IKEA Concept and how this impacts on their specific roles.
- Train your co-workers on product knowledge and how to work with the Swedish Food Market range.
- Ensure that the IKEA Swedish Food Market and Bistro team is regularly trained in Health and Safety to an appropriate level for the role and responsibilities. Ensure that the HACCP program is followed in the daily work.
- Effectively manage and inspire your team, with particular reference to their selection, training and development in order to ensure you have a competent and well informed team who cooperate as necessary and secure the store performance and have in place a workable and realistic succession plan.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.